PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 4th Sep 2020, 06:31
Telfer86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The talk is "quite premature" to be speculating , well I would have to say that is a very unusual comment to make

QF management have the right to have another plan & start CR from next week, all other steps required prior to CR have now
been done. Someone senior is thinking about what AC & ANZ did

Perhaps it is very relevant to guys in bottom 1000 , whether they will get paid $100 an hour as an SO or their current year $150 / $160 etc

QF refusing to talk about pay rates for returned CR on the basis that it isn't planned , sounds like this is very a much a "restricted topic" . Why an earth would
company not want to tell you that many SOs will be dropping $100K plus if they decide to CR ? - is it their job to do AIPAs job ? . I don't think AIPA will have
so much chance of closing , what they missed in negotiating 10 ("holly mackerel fellas we have dropped our own guys on B scale/year 1") , that horse has bolted

QF already know the rates, anyone who can read knows the rates , you return on year 1 on either current scale or B scale (max of $115 an hour, if 350 ordered)

Angry (why an earth did you chose that name) , was really just referring to a variation kind of thing for when everyone (still on books) is stood up. Sure a bit different
from other airlines who have done similar who remained getting paychecks , but the principal is just the same & I would have thought worth giving a try. AIPA should
have acted earlier , the time to do this would have been before VR, LWOP , that's when you had the most bargaining power. Agree continued SD is a loser , but very much
for both parties , you aren't fully taking into account how much QF are losing (or were going to lose) from SOs getting yearly increases. The cost of SD just pushes
QF closer to CR. You said SD might last a year , so all over in March 2021 ? , are you actually serious there ? ; SDs is going to be for a few years for most LH crew

AIPA have just sat on their hands & let the bargaining position diminish & let QF run the agenda - could these guys possibly have done a worse job ? The two misses
on eba 10 , it's beyond words - like forgetting to put a sunset clause in

Keg, "The new hire SOs will be able to bid off very quickly" - I think you are thinking of the last three or so years , that is pre-global pandemic. SH is the "safest" place to be
& everyone will be trying to move there. Not to mention global recession , I think people will be staying SOs for many years , definitely over 5 years maybe approaching 10.
How is it you know what promotion rates will be post - pandemic in long haul

But let's not talk about pay rates of SOs when they return , & the subsequent net effect on career earnings because some people here have stated it just isn't appropriate

And enough people have stated CR will not occur - therefore that has to correct

Last edited by Telfer86; 4th Sep 2020 at 06:45.