PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best time of the year to come out of training?
Old 3rd Sep 2020, 23:20
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As our colleagues above said, please don't beat yourself too hard over missing any target. Many, many things can get in the way through no fault of your own. Bad weather, the aircraft going tech, the instructor falling sick, the CAA processing some paperwork slower than expected - this can all happen and it does happen to many people. Back in the day, I did part-time modular right until finishing the ATPL exams and hour building and then went full-time for the ME IR CPL with a specific time frame in mind. As hard as I tried to stick to the plan, I missed the target by 6 months through no fault of my own. A number of unfortunate events delayed things on multiple occasions. But do I regret it? Absolutely not as I found myself in an airline job within 3 months from crossing the finish line. Right now, all those hiccups feel like just another fact of life that doesn't matter any more than how I did in my driving test when I was 18. Back in the day though, it was really frustrating. So, be kind to yourself and accept that it's not a race to the finish line. You have a good couple of decades afterwards to enjoy all the joys and sorrows of flying and a couple of months or even a year are a negligible amount of time on the grand scheme of things.