PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE easyJet MPL 2020
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2020, 23:05
Grounded2020

So, as a further update, I agree with so many of the comments here. It is likely many may believe that going to CAE/L3 is naïve and that we deserved this (as some have stated in others forums). For me, it was more for the position of employment. Trust me in saying, had I got rejected for the MPL programme, I would have indeed gone modular without a doubt.

Some of us have paid approx. £80k, and are currently with no job, no license and an uncertain future. To explain the options more:
1) We continue the MPL EZY syllabus, but must now also provide financing for our base training, required to make the licence even valid.
2) Convert to the ATPL, but depending on which phase of training we are at, will result in some significant financial cost.
3) We walk away. Walking away is an option, but are stating that for the hours we have received, will total £70k inc. accommodation. This is outrageous, considering we have 70hrs SEP, 5hrs Night, 11hrs MEP. That, groundschool and accommodation in no way comes to £70k. Looks like there may be a long battle ahead...

I have spoken to modular ATOs, and they are seeking advice from the CAA to see which hours from the training can be accredited to the traditional route.

If anyone can offer advice, please do.

As I say, I appreciate I could be seen as “naïve” and deserved what I got for choosing schools like those above, but right now during such difficult times, you’d hope people would be there to offer help and support than put others down.

Thanks all.