PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best time of the year to come out of training?
Old 3rd Sep 2020, 14:12
TryingToAvoidCBs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's good to see you have a long term (realistic) plan. I started training in Feb 2008 with a plan to be fully qualified by the middle of 2011, and in a job by Dec 2012 at the latest. It seemed like a VERY long road. But life got in the way and I didn't end up finishing until April 2014. Applications didn't go out until July 2016 and got my first (and luckily only) job interview in Nov 2016. My issues were mainly financial but I thought 4 years would be enough to get everything done...I was wrong.

2024 is a very realistic timeline and should give you plenty of opportunity to see exactly how the industry manages to weather this storm. Be aware that when airlines do start hiring again there's going to be a LOT of people ahead of you and I would guess recruitment will be slow and steady to start with. You may wish to get into instructing while you wait. Either way, good luck and enjoy the journey, you'll only get to do it once.