PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2020, 10:47
Daddy Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you will find these pilots are intelligent enough to know that they would not obtain E190 slots. However once the present Alliance pilots are transferred to the E190 there would be slots on the F50 and F100 which these pilots could slot in to quite easily. I think you will also find that most of these guys have had enough of living outside Oz and will never leave again. On the other hand those who have not experienced flying and living overseas might find it quite tempting to move abroad. Mind you regarding the comment about Japan. Just remember a lot of pilots don't make it in Japan and are either let go during their conversion course as an FO or never make command. It is quite challenging, just 8 months to complete the conversion, provided you pass everything first time. If you fail the first JCAB check you may not be given a second attempt.[/QUOTE]

Sure from a business point of view it might make sense to get a type rated F50/100 driver back on board to fill a vacant slot. However he would still most likely have had to have left on good terms, been in Alliance for a while and possibly looking at staying for good just so he can be at home in his home base. My bet is that not too many ex Alliance pilots will get back in though due to leaving in the first place for something bigger and better...They will do it again when things pick up. Im not judging these pilots, Im just saying I can see things from Alliance's point of view as well.