PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 3rd Sep 2020, 05:18
Telfer86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Derfred

Apologies to all for mentioning the war again (ie: what year increment does a CR return on)

Thanks for the tips from previous week & the well intentioned effort etc

My view was that EBA10 is a plain english document & that as nothing is mentioned re: CR & what year service level
you return on , that you would return on year 1 & then B scale SO if A350 is ordered. So unless QF have stated in writing something different
ie: that your years of service will be credited in a similar way to medical terminations , then nothing to discuss

Maybe there is some case law that gives credence to a different argument & that's all very interesting for QC's go to Federal courts , frock up & jump around. Not sure how that will assist guys who get re-employed after CR , who get told take it or leave it mate. Thought the efforts of AIPA should be focused on securing a better deal for CR & also LWOP , VR also instead of getting heads on the telly re: the pilotkeeper concept. Very surprising AIPA didn't try to lock QF in to better deals in the event of CR (ie: priority for "group jobs", years of service credited, no B scale) ; must have just slipped their mind

People have made their choices my view was that accrual of annual leave & lsl & yearly service increments over 3 years on stand down as an upside
wasn't worth the risk of CR & coming back years from now on year 1/B scale. If somebody rolls the dice & wins well all power to you , that's great
just not the kind of bet I would take

I know guys keep repeating "there is no surplus"(to me it just sounds like the virgin guys who kept repeating "we have 1/1.4 billion cash) , I see all the parked aircraft so I don't subscribe to that viewpoint & I note AJ talked about AC & ANZ reducing fleet size by 50% & 30% respectively on four corners. Still think a pretty good chance of CR unfortunately, QF have followed
the process outlined to the letter up to this point, firstly offer VR & lwop & early retirement, then you can move to CR

Does anyone think another VR would be offered prior to any CR ?

I don't think many would have predicted Australia segmenting as it has, I don't think any significant domestic this year (hope I am wrong)

Last edited by Telfer86; 3rd Sep 2020 at 06:17.