PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One hour dual
Thread: One hour dual
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2020, 03:10
selfin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fl1ingfrog, "The two quotations that I have posted are copied and pasted directly from the current CAA website. Do you agree they are correct or incorrect?"

The first one does not form part of any valid AltMoC or direction made or approved by UK CAA. The authority would be acting ultra vires were it to attempt to impose this limit on the implementing rule. Should the authority wish the alter the rule it must do so in accordance with article 71 of the Basic Regulation, ie by way of an exemption. The authority will notify such an exemption in ORS 4.

AltMoCs are notified in CAP 1721. Anyone affected by a implementing rule may propose a corresponding AltMoC by applying to UK CAA using form SRG 1840.

Revocation of Alternative Means of Compliance FCL.A(b)(1)(ii), revalidation flight with Flight Instructor - SkyWise

5th July 2018 SW2018/131

Revocation of Alternative Means of Compliance
FCL.A(b)(1)(ii), revalidation flight with Flight Instructor

The CAA has revoked the Alternative Means of Compliance (EASA ref: 2012-00009) published
by the CAA in 2012, against Commission Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 as amended, Annex I,
FCL.740.A(b)(1)(ii).

This was also published in CAP 804, Part I, Section 4, Part H, Subpart 1, Acceptable Means of
Compliance and Guidance Material (AMC and GM).

The reason for this revocation is that the current requirements of Commission Regulation (EU)
1178/2011 as amended, Annex I, FCL.740.A(b)(1)(ii), provide the appropriate level of flexibility,
and are less onerous than the Alternative Means of Compliance.