PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2020, 02:39
IFEZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ragnor - I'd say the vast majority are doing the right thing. Victorians are no different to any other people in Australia. Problem is Victoria is being led by a bunch of inept, incompetent but extraordinarily arrogant fools who dropped the ball on hotel quarantine and once it got out into the community their contact tracing system was exposed as being totally undermanned and inadequate, which allowed the virus to completely get away from them and the only way to stop it was to impose another harsh lockdown. The problem is, they STILL haven't fixed the contact tracing problem and until they do, we're never going to get on top of this. Wouldn't surprise me if they extend Stage 4 to end of September now.
Example :- Someone I know was just informed that their child has been identified as a 'close contact' of another child who has just tested positive and has to be isolated. Problem is, they were informed about this 8 DAYS after the child tested positive. Like I said, we'll never get on top of it under those circumstances. How many others have been unwittingly spreading it at the local supermarket, workplace, school etc due to delays like this..? Victoria is right royally screwed at the moment. I'm not a fan of border closures but I can understand why they're doing it.