PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 21 Year old Girl youngest ATR Captain
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2020, 23:25
Flaperon777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truly an ace flyer if i have ever seen one ! A true blue trainer and a legendary instructor. Solid on knowledge and teaching methodology.
I very clearly remember we had a chance meet some circa ago in London. He was finishing his Instructor course on the NG’s and I was there to do my initial training on the same. Couldn’t quite get the grasp of the NG FMS. Happened to do a sim with Capt. Sunny Kapur on my left seat during one of my training sorties. He was so quick to pick up my insecurity that almost writhing 10 minutes of completing the session debrief he called me over to his room where he offered to walk me to the nearest pub around the corner. Not knowing what this was all about, I couldn’t do much but agree. Three rounds of beer later ( all paid for by him &#127867 and less than an hour later I got up from that bar with every single NG system so so crystal clear in my head and not an aorta of a doubt on the working of the dreaded FMS..!! And all this over a couple of pints of lager !
I am now a DE / TRE for a government agency as flight inspector. And I still look up on that day with awe and megatons of respect for the selfless way in which I was force fed knowledge which I was in fact starved of to begin with. And to this day I try and do it his way but every single time I come up short with my pupils and trainees. It’s not an art, it’s a gift !
And only a handful in this world of aviation have it. Sunny is one of them.
BTW he is no longer in the ME. He is very soon joining Boeing as Instructor. Will be the airline world’s loss and the manufacturer’s gain if he does !
All the best to him whatever he chooses in these trying times.