PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess so
Thread: I guess so
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2020, 22:57
Axel-Flo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And perhaps that’s the point....

The reaction to this individuals pride in his own role and the misinterpretation of the quote in the email (which incidentally wasn’t actually directed at anyone in particular at all) maybe shows the precocious sensitivities we are dealing with? In truth one needs to be proud of the part you play within an organisation and don’t get all boiled up and jealous of the part others play. At times I’ve been right at the end of the line as the prime mover and last individual in what I/we were trying to achieve. That said, after re trading to a different role that pretty much was never the case again and I was always supporting someone else. It’s odd but at my last unit the whole of what they did there was geared towards getting my aircraft airborne correctly loaded, configured and on time (Well not just mine but you get the idea). Now then, since I always got a window seat at the front of that, in my little mind it could have been me, Me, ME..... of course it wasn’t since as soon as the wheels were in the wells I was only doing my bit to support someone else. Now that could have been 100 tons of fuel for fast air, 281 “ grunts” from A coy, 5th RGT, 2nd BTN, 3rd Division, Royal Horse Chasers or 100 tons of bog roll or even paint, ships, HM, Gray, No 1 Mk 1, long lasting, anti slip.........It really didn’t matter I was in support of someone else doing their job. We have to appreciate, and most of the individuals I’ve operated with throughout the years actually do get it, that it takes us all and most of us will end up,supporting a lot more than we are the “Tip of the spear” if ever but we do our bit to make it that little bit easier on the ones who are closer to that tip. In retirement I will more than likely never do again, the things I have done or even be vaguely contributory to but.....finding that people I supported either didn’t know my contribution, under valued it, or even were dismissive of it should not de value the contribution I genuinely made. Perhaps for many there will never be sufficient recognition but that’s just life......I think you need to do the job/role you’re in to the best of your ability. If you have a genuine non whinging case about something using the normal chain of command it works.....this seems so much to have an alternate agenda.🤔