PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2020, 15:37
ATNotts

Received 315 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by MDS
KLM focuses on their bread and butter - Amsterdam. Similar to why BA doesn't fly to Birmingham or Stansted for example.

Wizz also serves Eindhoven with a couple of dozen routes already which makes it easier for them to fly there.

I think the Canary routes are a great move, although I'm not too sure EIN will be a big hit. I don't think there's many VFR or business pax in either direction (unless I'm missing something) and I agree that Amsterdam city itself is quite far (and expensive to get there from Eindhoven airport).
Not that so many people holiday in such areas, but Eindhoven isn't so far from Maastricht (an excellent city break destination) and the South Limburg area of the Netherlands which is just about the most undulating part of the country, very picturesque and contains attractions such as Valkenburg and the ZLSM preserved railway, both of which are worth a visit. Further afield is the Ardenne in Belgium, and the Eifel in Germany, again both very much under rated tourist areas. If it weren't for the fact that we prefer to drive to the region, living where I do, DSA/EIN would be attractive.

Job to do for some tourist bodies in The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium methinks.