PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seeing Hitler in real life
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2020, 12:17
Hokulea

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts
I would like to thank everyone again for being so kind and providing so much information in this thread. Special thanks to certifs, PAXboy and rog747. I looked up tours by Historical Trips and either to due to the pandemic or other reasons I don't see the Hitler tour you mentioned, but it is one I would certainly take if I get the opportunity. Several years ago I offered to take my mother on a tour of Normandy and other places my father visited after D-Day but she declined. I suspect she thought it would be too hard for her emotionally. I'd still like to visit those places myself. I remember my father saying he was in Belgium and could see the V2 rockets being launched and felt so frustrated he couldn't do anything about them.

I have two further questions if you don't mind and given you've all been so helpful I have no problem if you can't help further. Anyway:

1) rog747 - could someone who is disabled go on the Hitler tour you mentioned? Not horribly disabled, just not able to walk very far;

2) My father told me several times he shared a tent with someone who became a famous Welsh opera singer. I don't know the exact dates, i.e., not sure if it was before or after D-Day (I suspect the former), but does anyone have any idea who that singer might have been? They would have served in the RAF during WWII and worked with an RDF/radar group and presumably gone on to become relatively famous for their voice. Any information would be very welcome.

India and Spring - nice to see you here! I hope both of you are doing well!