PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duxford - End of Flying Legends airshows
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2020, 18:02
GeeRam

Received 77 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by VictorGolf
Gee Ram, you seem very certain Legends wouldn't work as a seaside show to which I would say why not?
For all the reasons I and others have already mentioned.
Too far from home base, with issue around pilot changes, maintainance, aircraft turn arounds, visiting aircraft from Europe and USA)
Too far from crowd, small aircraft like the Gladiator would be utterly lost in the expanse of a seafront display line, plus some like the Gladiator probably couldn't fly a display over water.
Typical seaside audience (often holiday craowd) not in the least interested in vintage warbirds with the 'geeky' Legends style commentary team, and a Legends style display (have you ever been to Legends?)
No ground displays, no-living history displays, not vintage dealer stalls (many don't do other IWM shows at Duxford and are hacked of with IWM decision)
And no its not the crowd TFC are wanting to attract. They had a crowd and an event to be proud of, this isn't TFC's fault, its IWM demanding a bigger slice of the money pie.

Originally Posted by VictorGolf
As for the Silverstone Classic I would beg to disagree as I find the Goodwood crowd pretentious and of the "Right crowd and no crowding" mentality..
We'll have to just disagree then, as I find Silverstone an utter souless place now, not to mention a once great circuit now utterly ruined by modern F1 demands, and totally the wrong place to race vintage racing cars. You couldn't pay me enough money to watch any event there, let alone historics.