PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct tracking
Thread: Direct tracking
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2003, 10:57
Gone Fishing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night Watch

Its not about "having balls" mate. Its about making sure I still have a job next week to pay the mortgage. I have no doubt that the next controller in Brisbane who has an incident where direct tracking is involved will be made an example of.

While I think the management directive is a crock of I will be abiding by it to the letter. I don't care if there is only one ACFT in my airspace.

You would be surprised to know how many incidents happen when things are quiet, putting 2 in close proximity is not the only way you can get stood down, missed coordination is a big one. The subsequent investigation will hang anyone who gave away direct tracking. I can see it now "By giving away Direct Tracking Controller A reduced by 10 seconds the amount of time he had available to coordinate the ACFT to the next sector BLAH BLAH BLAH".

You know that Brisbane controllers have been given a directive not to issue direct tracking, I would suggest that by constantly asking for it in the BN FIR you are behaving irresponsibly. We have voiced our concerns internally and I would suggest that if you don't agree with this directive both you and your company lobby ASA and CASA to get it changed.