PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Squadron Leader Tony Cunnane
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2020, 17:58
Tankertrashnav

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Squadron Leader Tony Cunnane

A few months back I heard from an ex 214 contact that Tony Cunnane had died earlier on this year, possibly in January, but he could not confirm it. Since then I have contacted a number of mutual acquaintances from 214 to see if they could confirm this, but nobody had heard anything. Tony was a familiar face on Victor K1 tankers, first of all as a squadron captain and later as OC the Victor Group Standardisation Unit. He subsequently became the PRO for the Red Arrows, a job he did for about ten years (possibly in an RO post). In retirement he lived in the Leeds/Sheffield area.

When I heard the news I tried Tony's email address but my email bounced back immediately as "addressee unknown". More surprisingly I could not get onto his excellent website, which had many tales not only from his years on tankers, but also from when he was a QFI in Pakistan, etc. I was surprised at the speed at which his website disappeared - in my experience some websites hang around for years online after their owners are deceased.

I would be grateful if anyone has definite confirmation of this sad news they could post the information on here, or contact me by PM, if preferred. Thanks