PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Voyager Parties
Thread: Voyager Parties
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2020, 14:03
sharpend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tankertrashnav
Really? Never once stayed off base during my many visits to Akrotiri on Victor tankers in the 70s. Our bitch was we always got the worst accommodation, whilst the pampered pets of the shiny transport fleet slept in air conditioned luxury in blocks 100 and 101. .
I over-nighted at Akrotiri many times. Never once off base. Yup, most of the time in that luxurious 5* accommodation known as Block 100. Wonderful it was. Rats, toilets totally disgusting (no loo seats at all), no locks on doors, male/femalel all together, and the building was condemned. I was stationed at Akrotiri in the 60s & block 1001 was terrible then! After GW1, the powers that be decided to build a new decent block for transit aircrew. As soon as it was built, the resident schoolies and civilians moved into it. We still got block 100 and all that entailed. As for Tankertrash always getting the worse accommodation, I think that is just a wee bit economical with the truth. Either that or we must have stayed at different Akrotiris