PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2020, 11:44
Blue Strip25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Letter from Management:

Dear All,
Greetings, my sincere best wishes to you all. I hope you are keeping well.

As a result of COVID-19 and the tremendous loss of business and revenue, ANA and Air Japan, like other airlines around the world, have had to undertake a serious and detailed look at our operation and business plans. It has been very difficult for us and I am sure it has been difficult for you as well. Finally, we have made some decisions that are outlined below.

The following measures will be taken:

As of August 31st Air Japan must reluctantly notify all pilots that their assignments from the respective contracting company shall be terminated. In keeping with the various agency contracts this decision is announced providing the minimum required ninety day notice. We sincerely regret having to make this announcement. However, under the circumstances we are left with no choice. Each of your contracting companies have been in close contact with the Flight Operations section of Air Japan and a number of decisions have been made related to this notice and our plans going forward.

As has been mentioned by CEO Mr....., Air Japan will survive. We in Flight Operations look forward to the day when you will be able to re-join us to help us rebuild this airline, after the world recovers from this pandemic. Your contracting company shall outline the details of our plans. We thank you for your loyal and professional service to this point and again, we look forward to seeing you here in Japan. Until then please take care of yourselves and your families.

With most sincere thanks.

Air Japan Co., Ltd.