PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2020, 10:26
DC3 Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
Frankly, I couldn't care one iota if, a) there are mixed opinions, or b) whether any one individual "buys into" face masks. When you "buy into" travel on public transport you "buy into" the rules and regulations in place at the time, which haven't been put there by Bill Gates, an alien from Mars or those pesky Ruskies, they have been put in place on advise from the WHO, and also by most experts in the field worldwide; and yes, I know you'll be able to point to scientists you say the opposite, just as you can to scientists who don't believe in man made global warming.
Are you forgetting that WHO told us in April that masks should only be worn in clinical settings and our very own Chief Medical Officer told us of evidence that the wearing of masks did more harm than good.

So people should listen to scientists but are perfectly entitled to their own opinions.

I certainly agree that if you are required to wear a mask in a setting such as on board an aircraft then you should shut up and do so.