PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW Virgin contract
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2003, 09:00
Who'stheDaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red is right, GHi bought out BMHS(and MAS) to form Aviance...... Silky....get it right, Aviance only made a profit thru Go- Ahead - the trains and bus services.....Maybe at MAN but not LGW and def. not LHR... i've seen the figures and heard the excuses!!!! Expect a big staff cull at LGW especially if VS quit... (from what i hear 150+ Posn's).

They never went running back to GHi... CLP was ALWAYS done by them!!

But who could they go to....

It doesn't have to be ex LGW,

Maybe CLP at LX(Swiss)in ZRH, KL(AMS) or any one big in CLP anyone could take them on!!!!!

As is my understanding you had to have 2 contracts in LGW to start up, BMHS picked up Monarch (1999)......... and then VS as part of their old handling agreement at LHR but only to do the traffic, ramp and c/in parts (and then BA cityflier) All Sth terminal contracts. But GHi HAVE ALWAYS done the CLP for VS network wide, first at that sh***y landside office (below little Ed's) and then in the new office.

The problem in LGW is that they live in the dark ages..... Get out of each others pockets and out of the old boy network lets play golf routine and run like PROPER companies eg only 4 handling co's (BY and servisair) and up til 2001 only BA and GHi in NTH term.........(until EK and DL went to servisair)

to many old crawley by-laws running LGW.......

Maybe Swissport buying Groundstar will put the cat among the pidgeons.

WTD

Only the cost airlines will be the saviour of LGW!!!!

Last edited by Who'stheDaddy; 2nd Dec 2003 at 09:14.