PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct tracking
Thread: Direct tracking
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2003, 08:37
Night Watch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blastoid , you are exactly right.... where is the proof?

To add to your frustration, I said to the FO before we took off from BN last week (to prove a point about the inconsistency) "we will ask everyone we talk to tonight for DCT tracking, in the hope that someone has some balls". Sure enough it took to the Feq change abeam CH but well got DCT SY.

I have always said that I don't blame the blokes/chicks sitting behind the radar screen for this, it's the idiots upstairs and in CB that me off.

It is interesting that you said....

direct tracking is available but due to the management directive it squarely lies on the controller who gives it away if anything goes wrong
If my arse and career was on the line I wouldn't take the risk either, when things are busy. But what about when there is no one else in the air.... I'm sure all you controllers out there have done the graveyard shift at one time or another, therefore you would know how quite it gets, especially on the weekends! So have a thought for us freight dogs, who every time we go to work we are on the back of the clock. DCT tracking when the sky is empty will not get you fired. So have a thought for us in the air that could get on the ground earlier, save our company money and get more sleep!