PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Startup companies in times of COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2020, 19:17
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Startup companies in times of COVID-19

In challenging times like today, most of the focus is concentrated upon airlines going under. While this is certainly a very difficult time for everyone involved with any of those, I think that this is only one side of the picture. As we speak, visionaries from all over the world try to make good use of the abundance of aircraft, people and routes available in the wake of the crisis - inevitably creating new job opportunities in place of the perished ones. This thread will be about new, startup airlines appearing in times of COVID-19 and everything associated with them. I can start the list by naming three new European brands I can think of right now:
  • Ocean, Germany - 11 aircraft, looking to commence operations in 2021/2022, will likely serve part of what used to be the Eurowings long-haul leisure network
  • Animawings, Romania - one A320, flying leisure flights from various Romanian airports for now
  • GullivAir, Bulgaria - new ACMI company with one A330-200, its exact utilisation remains to be found out soon
Any other examples anyone of you can think of?