PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 31st Aug 2020, 10:22
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assume that from your position, way up high on your moral high horse, you can clearly ascertain with abject certainty the financial position of all these people who you assume are so much better off than you?

The remaining earnings power of the 62+ year old person is now considerably less than that of the 'young' guy as well. We have all been at the bottom and it has always been that 'those at the top' have it and have had it better. I can only assume that when you feel secure in your chosen profession, whatever that might be, after years of hard work that you will willingly step aside when those beginning their career complain that you're 'bed blocking'. Who is to say that the guy/girl at the end of their career isn't working their nuts off to clear mortgages, loans, kids etc... before they are required, by age, to retire. Perhaps they wish to enjoy their last few years of a 40+ year career in flying that they will miss when they retire. Perhaps they have financial commitments they have to clear?

Redundancy is awful. The system chosen was that which was in the MOA, warts and all. A lot of people took VR even though the package was, frankly, atrocious. A huge amount of people took part time. The 'headline' figure was reduced from 1200 down to 270. Not that it helps the 270 but it certainly helps the 930! The rest of us are taking a 20%, percent hence hits those higher up for a greater sum, quite rightly, paycut to support those without a fleet so as they can retain their jobs.

Aren't we the awful ones eh?

Give me strength.