PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 30th Aug 2020, 23:27
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
31/08/20

Dear Mr. Tony Mathews, Chair of the CASA Board.

I would like to make a request directly to the Board.

In my opinion, I am someone who has been adversely affected by the conduct of some members of CASA Executive Management. I am alleging that the conduct of those personnel was vindictive or vexatious, and had no basis at all in aviation safety. i.e. it was not well-intentioned.

It is reasonable to assume that the Civil Aviation Safety Authority would be well versed in risk management, safety cases, risk assessments, etc.

Prior to CASA initiating their action against my business in October 2018, there would be relevant documentation held by CASA, that would provide the "safety case" for the CASA action

This could be, the risk assessment, the safety case, or the "handover" notes associated with my transfer from CMT2 to CMT3. In fact, anything that CASA is able to provide in support of a safety case.

Therefore could I request that a copy of the associated documentation that CASA would hold. i.e. anything that supports the CASA safety case prior to initiating the action on October 23rd of 2018.

If this is not something that the Board would be prepared to provide to me, it would necessitate a Freedom of Information request, and that should not be necessary.

If it exists, it would already be held by the CASA Board.

Please note that I allege CASA has no documentation at all that justifies the safety case. Hence my reasonable conclusion that some Members of Executive management were acting vindictively or vexatiously.

The provision of such documentation would go a long way to discrediting my claim that "there was never a supporting safety case, CASA was acting vindictively and vexatiously".

I hope you will consider this fair and reasonable request. Respectfully, Glen Buckley.