PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2020, 22:01
Xeptu

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Turnleft080
I was wondering when you would comment on my criminals on the run quote. I set it up so you would answer it with 17% couldn't give a toss, meaning 83% are in favour of lockdowns.
How about we take away their toy? Jobkeeper.
Then 83% would be saying "OPEN THOSE BLOODY BORDERS I GOT A FAMILY TO FEED".
State premiers love power, they eat it night and day. They even supplement with vitamin P.
Well actually no we won't. The economy in our state is pretty much back to normal. Our covid wards are empty and our reserve staff waiting to be called are still waiting, hopefully we won't need to call upon them. The only ones on jobkeeper are about half the state based airline staff and a significant number of the tourism industry. Otherwise you would'nt know there's a crisis going on. It's really important to us to keep covid out here, we can't depend upon any other state for our essential services, nor can we access them. We are pretty much self contained. We produce everything we need locally To allow covid in would collapse our health system and most likely our essential services as well. we really don't want to end up like Victoria and possibly NSW as well.
The only thing we can't do is travel outside of our state, unless you want to mandatory quarantine at your own expense when you return. We can wait. It's not a big ask. when the quick test arrives we will review our position.