PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duxford - End of Flying Legends airshows
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2020, 09:48
GeeRam

Received 77 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by DHfan
The trouble with everywhere suggested so far is infrastructure to support Joe Public.

I feel I'm beating a lone drum here - and I may be completely wrong anyway - but I personally don't believe that Legends as we know it, or even watered down a bit, could work anywhere except at Duxford.

Bear in mind TFC's location and after that all the support infrastructure for the visitors, starting with the M11, and then continue with everything else at Duxford that built up over the years, including local-ish train, buses from Cambridge, the number of available parking spaces, what to do if anybody gets a bit bored...

Back to bashing my head against a brick wall. Whatever suggestion anybody comes up with - it ain't going to work. It's Duxford or nowhere.
You're not alone, I wrote the same on here days ago.

I'm sure TFC will try, but I'm reminded of what happened to the Great Warbirds show at West Malling when that venue was lost to development, and moved to Wroughton, which on the face of it could have been a good location, but it just didn't work, all the atmosphere was lost in the expanse of Wroughton, and anyway, the Science Musuem were clearly not interested either.
As it happens, Legends was effectively born out of the demise of Great Warbirds and Fighter Meet at North Weald.