PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 30th Aug 2020, 08:05
Telfer86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure how a claimed figure of former CEOs pay rate or bonus is relevant - more "deep state" conspiracy nonsense

I don't know if lwop are "taking one for the company" , more just protecting themselves from CR & all that entails

Not sure how the view of AIPA is relevant , they aren't the ones who will be signing the paychecks and determining how the agreement will
be interpreted regarding years of service. My reading is that you would return on year 1 , and if A350 is ordered be subject to SO rates that max at $115 an hour

Why would you reference the AIPA they botched these components of the agreement, now guys are looking at the "unintended consequences" scenario where they come
back on year 1 and/or "new SO pay rates". If CR goes down to people who were hired before 2016 , you will come back on around half your current wage

No lwop , you accrue leave , stay on Jobkeeper , keep the years of service increments ticking over. But if CR does come, you will likely return years after lwop
people on year 1 pay rates , & quite likely C scale SO. Also no opportunities within the QF group once gone - just a return right to QF mainline if/when they hire externals

Take lwop , no leave or years of service accrual, move to Jobseeker, but protected against CR , lwop is fixed term & has been well managed in the past. Opportunities at the
other 7 or 8 QF airlines in Australia. No need to worry about the "new SO rates"

Each to their own I just think that those who don't take lwop , well there is potentially (& quite high probability) of an enormous downside for the sake of continuing to accrue leave, years of service & remain on jobkeeper. The loss of wages for the extra time you are on the street (as compared to lwop) & then coming back at year 1 (& quite likely C scale) could easily be seven figures.

The lost wages have three potential components
1. No opportunities for other QF group flying jobs if you get CR
2. The "gap" between when a lwop Vs CR returns
3. The "unintended consequences" effect , return on year 1 & quite possibly on new SO scale

Placing a big bet there, can't see what the great upside is of not taking lwop , if you get it wrong it could be a very long time on the sidelines. Five years on the sidelines would be a dream result , remember after January 2009 , QF didn't hire for 7.5 years & we didn't feel the GFC so much here.

I don't understand how people can speak with such certainty about what happens on return from CR - it hasn't happened before

Last edited by Telfer86; 30th Aug 2020 at 08:28.