PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 29th Aug 2020, 23:50
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
30/08/20

Dear Mr. Tony Mathews, Chair of the Board of CASA,

You have recently received correspondence from me that gave CASA two clear and concise options.

In that correspondence, I expressed my strongly held preference for a well-intentioned discussion about fair and reasonable compensation for affected Parties.

I also expressed my clear and concise intention to initiate litigation against CASA for commercial and reputational damage caused to me and others, should CASA deny me the opportunity presented in the first option.

You are aware that Phase One of the Commonwealth Ombudsman's office has been released, and CASA clearly erred. When Phase Two is released, I am confident that further deficiencies will be highlighted in the conduct of some personnel within CASA.

You are also aware that the CASA Region Manager directed my Employer that my continuing unemployment was "untenable based on comments that I was making public".

There can be no doubt in the minds of any well-intentioned person, that CASA has erred, and quite substantially so. I am calling on CASA to act in a well-intentioned manner.

It is quite reasonable to expect that your insurance provider will ask what compensation I am seeking, and that is the purpose of this correspondence.

I am asking for a payment to be made promptly available to the value of $1.2 Million dollars.

My understanding is that this could be disbursed under an "Act of Grace" payment, or alternatively under the "Scheme for Compensation for Detriment caused by Defective Administration (CDDA) .

None of that $1.2 Million dollar payment would be held by myself and it would be disbursed within 14 days to the other Parties that have been affected. That payment would repair the damage that has been done to many small businesses, individuals, customers, and staff that have been affected by this. For clarity, not one cent will be retained by me after that 14 days.

Prompt payment of this manner would somewhat "take the wind out of my sails" and make the matter somewhat less public. In fact, I would seriously consider no further public comment on this matter.

Furthermore, payment of this amount would limit my case to the one litigant only, being myself. It would assist me to restore my reputation, and undo the commercial detriment caused to so many.

The only parties affected by this action would then be, Glen Buckley and his family. On that matter, I would enter into a confidential and well-intentioned discussion with CASAs insurers. The purpose of that discussion would be to ensure that my wife and children were returned to the same position that they were in, prior to this matter commencing. Noting that I have lost my home, business, and livelihood.

On the personal and reputational impact, which has been enormous, and had me in a state of depression last Christmas, I would make no claim. I would put that to one side and make my claim against the commercial impact only. Should I be forced into litigation, and the use of a legal firm, that impact would form a component of any claim.

I anticipate the meeting for my compensation could be somewhat delayed, and we could attend to the more important matter of minimizing the impact on other Parties. That would be my clear preference.

Please be assured that if CASA chooses to adopt the more combative approach, I will make one final appeal directly to the National Party as a whole, and to the Deputy PM, Mr. Michael McCormack specifically.

In the Minister's Statement of Expectations of CASA, he clearly states that you are to keep him "fully informed". Therefore I assume you have done so, and he should be able to exercise his judgment promptly.

I do also note that either an Act of Grace Payment or payment under the CDDA scheme would have to be submitted through the Department of Finance. I do not wish to direct resources to that process if the CASA Executive Manager of Legal, International, and Regulatory Affairs would prevent that process from being undertaken. I have made significant allegations against his professional conduct, and perhaps understandably, he may oppose the process, which he can do in his role.

Thank you for your consideration and I hope that this will bring some clarity to the matter.

I hope that you can accurately convey my good intention to CASAs liability insurer being Commsure I believe that a more optimal outcome can be achieved by a well-intentioned discussion with minimal input from lawyers.

As this correspondence is addressed to the Board in its entirety, can I direct you to my Facebook Live conference that I will broadcast at 7 PM on Tuesday 8th September. By watching that 90-minute presentation the CASA Board and CASAs insurer will be able to arrive at better and potentially more informed decisions.

At any time, the Board Members or insurers can avail themself of my thread running on a pilot's chat forum, which has attracted over 600,000 views. This outlines the case in its entirety. Admittedly it would take several hours to work through, but is the primary source of information, and would be mandatory reading I suggest.

Respectfully, Glen Buckley