PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 29th Aug 2020, 13:51
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MissChief
Fair enough, but where is empathy and even generosity?
The stereotyping going on now by several posters is frankly getting tedious and TBH shows at best that some are either at best woefully ignorant of what is going on behind the scenes or at worse deliberately trying to create friction and discontent.

I suspect part of the problem might be that unlike some communities most pilots ( BA and elsewhere) try to get on with things rather than make a song and dance about how darned important to the airline they think they were on farcebook...

Just to raise awareness of what those greedy and selfish BA pilots are getting up to I'll point out:

BA pilots are setting up a pilot organised, pilot support charity to aid those being made CR,

Some BA pilots with homes in "nice" parts of the UK and the world are offering up accommodation for free for pilots (and families) made CR in need of a break...

Many BA trainers have been trying to organise simulator sessions in their own time to help ensure those laid off leave BA with their ratings as "fresh" as possible - though BA seem to be very resistant to such an idea.

There's more, but that gives a taste.

Personally given some of the attitudes displayed by some here I'm almost regretting applying for VR ......I'm certainly wondering where a £5 million pension pot came from - somebody's CETV??

Last edited by wiggy; 29th Aug 2020 at 14:23.