PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2020, 10:16
ATNotts

Received 293 Likes on 164 Posts
I was thinking the same myself. Yesterday's 400+ new cases (source: Johns Hopkins) may be a blip, but if it isn't then I;d expect that within 14 days they'll be back on the naughty step. Looking as though they ought to be taken of said step is Sweden, with less than 100 new cases yesterday, and a graph that suggests the rolling trend is still very much downwards. Sadly there's not much all for beach holidays in the Baltic in September!

Final nail in the IT coffin for this summer will be when Greece goes on the list, unless the UK does something revolutionary and quarantines only certain areas - eg Athens and Thessaloniki, and keeps "safe" islands open. Nationally, Greek daily number are running higher than they were in the Spring.

Whilst the UK media is fixated on "British holidaymakers" there is real damage being done to the UK, especially the London, and I expect Edinburgh economies as a result of the collapse of inbound tourism to UK because, obviously, nobody wants to spend their 14 day holiday in UK in quarantine.