PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2020, 07:59
MickG0105

Received 214 Likes on 103 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by T-Vasis
But why run the metric?
Why not? Is it subject to a licencing agreement or some such?

For some reason, you tried to navigate around your original comment by expanding its boundaries to soften its accuracy. Paul has airline experience. You said he 'virtually had zero'. That is defined as 'nearly or almost no quantity or number'.
No, I have not tried to navigate around my original comment at all. What I did was point out to you what I actually said. I did not say that he did not have airline experience.

More to the point, is there some part of 'I'll happily concede the point that semantically 'virtually zero airline experience' and seven years experience, mostly at or below manager-level nearly 20 years ago may not be the same thing.' that you are unclear on?

He also (eventually) operated at 'GM' level - relatively senior in those days/structures.
So it is probably worth disclosing here that I was a GM at Ansett when Paul Scurrah joined the business as a manager and when he was later promoted to GM. I've got a pretty fair handle on the relative seniority of the GM role and an equally good appreciation of The Last Days of the Roman Empire deck chair filling that was in train on the Sales side of the house back then.

With regards to his performance that you allude to in your second part; that isn't being debated, or at least not by me in any of my posts.
Super! Then I trust you won't demur further if some of the rest of us want to discuss that?
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​