PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 29th Aug 2020, 06:16
Telfer86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genuine question

Whenever I ask or put the rates of pay that a redundant pilot gets if they are re-employed by QF pretty much deathly silence

Now why would that be ?

My reading of agreement is that only seniority is preserved if CR are returned, years of service for reinstated medical terminations is specifically stated
but nothing for return of redundant pilots. Yes it is explained years of service credited from CTL for SO but nothing specified about employment experience 1, also being included
So it seems to be a logical conclusion that if CR occurs & you are reemployed you would be on year 1 pay - just a straightforward interpretation of agreement. Then you also
have new B scale SO rates which top out at $115 per hour if A350 is ordered (call that C scale, if 787 SO pay is B scale)

If what some people are saying is correct & vast majority SOs who joined since 2016 taken lwop , then if CR does come it will hit those longer term SOs who joined up until
January 2009 who are top of scale. That's going to be a substantial pay cut , in current dollars from $170 an hour back to $100 per hour & you could well expect to be a C scale
for some time. Your career earnings would be vastly lower than someone who took lwop

Not trying to be a smart alec or upset anybody, but why is this such a taboo subject ?

& instead people trying to talk up the downside of taking lwop , that QF might tell you to "go away" after your lwop term expires. 300 plus guys took lwop over last decade
didn't happen once to my knowledge , why float this scenario now

Personally I think CR will come to all who joined since 2016 & QF would easily pay for it just out of savings for pausing years of service pay increases , not even thinking about
leave accruals , & all the rest of it. Just pay 26 weeks on today's pay rate today's dollars today , done , finished , over