PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2020, 02:49
MickG0105

Received 218 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Vasis
Mick, I am not sure why you provided a narrative with your perspective on Paul/VA's performance? You may need to reread my response. I said that what determines success is having good (and smart) people around you and making well-informed, smart decisions.
Thanks for the reply. I was simply running your metrics for what determines success over the current case.

And let's be clear, in support of my perspective I provided objective and verifiable examples. You may not agree with the perspective but the facts of the matter are easy to check.

Originally Posted by T-Vasis
My first part responded to your incorrect assertion that Paul did not have 'airline experience'.
Maybe you need to re-read my original post.

Originally Posted by MickG0105
The bloke had virtually zero airline experience when he came into the job and he then demonstrated an abject inability to get anything meaningfully positive accomplished once he was there.
As you can plainly see I did not say that Paul Scurrah 'did not have 'airline experience''. I'll happily concede the point that semantically 'virtually zero airline experience' and seven years experience, mostly at or below manager-level nearly 20 years ago may not be the same thing.

In any event, you seem to be dwelling on just the first part of the sentence. I also said that he had failed to get anything meaningfully positive accomplished once he was in the job. Have I missed something?