PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 28th Aug 2020, 12:58
Telfer86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whether you like or not , agree with it or disagree , it just doesn't matter (unless of course you get politically organised/active & lobby & campaign)

The Aussie Govts are going to take an extremely cautious & conservative approach, & it is going down a treat with the local
punters telling NSW & Vict where to go

Domestic is going at maybe 2 or 3% and it is unlikely given what the leaders of WA, SA , Qld , NT say that
borders will open this year. They want to see two 14 day cycles of zero transmission in Vic & NSW & that hasn't occurred yet since Covid landed

Domestic "might" start in 2021 - not what we want to hear , but people need to know what the likely reality is

How QF can "map" & plan it's future LH work force with any precision - well they just can't it is guesswork

Murphy said a couple of months ago when he was in front of a Senate Committee when asked about international travel starting
"well I just can't see any road map" , I wonder what he would say today ?

It's guys like him that will be making the decisions on when international resumes not anyone from QF, the politicians are just doing
what the medical experts tell them (regarding international anyway, Qld "I think" , the other guys well .........nobody is going to change McGowan )

Last edited by Telfer86; 28th Aug 2020 at 14:30.