PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gilbert Blades - The Scourge of UK MOD Courts Martial
Old 27th Aug 2020, 23:43
its4john

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience

After a trip down memory lane I just had the urge to type Gilbert Blades into google tonight and found this thread. Here is my story....

After a long and uneventful career in RAF I was 6 months away from retirement when I had a run-in with a very young RAFP chap who politely told me I couldn’t do what I was about to do.
I politely challenged him and when he asked me to wait while he called OC security, I politely agreed.
OC security arrived and backed up his young chap. I politely challenged him and he stood his ground. I politely asked if he was giving me a direct order, which he replied ‘yes’.
i obeyed and returned to my office.

The very next day while I was writing a report to be used in redress, I got a call from the chief clerk to say I was being charged and would appear before the Stn Cdr very soon.

I picked up the phone and called GB. I told him what happened and he asked what the charge was. “Challenging the authority of the RAFP” I said.
His reply was “Challenging authority?? What is this, Nazi F***king Germany? Go for CM.

So when marched in front of Stn Cdr I elected for CM and marched out.

Next day, I receive a bill from GB for £11.00 :-)

CM was eventually dropped but I swear to this day I would have given up my pension for the CM to have gone ahead... while filling in paperwork prior to the CM, I noticed they had got my service number wrong. Naturally I failed to mention this and I would have loved the opportunity to be marched into the CM on the day.....

Are you Sgt T1234567 Blogs?

No sir !

March him out.

£11.00 well spent.