PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 27th Aug 2020, 14:06
slast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The crisis in the airline pilot profession is causing losses of careers which those who came into before the turn of the century could never have envisaged in their worst nightmares. If you think that the attitude of everyone “higher up” is “I’m all right Jack, pull up the ladder”, please be aware that some are not. I just heard from one of the organisers of www.pilotstogether.org. They are senior pilots who have just set up a charity for pilots in ALL UK airlines.

My friend wrote “a group of us … were appalled at the way both BA and BALPA have deserted the guys at the bottom of our status list who’ve been made redundant ….. 270 people were given no redundancy money as they’d all worked less than 2 years; some of them even only got 1 months’ notice as they’d done less than 6 months. That’s just over £3000 when they have training loans of up to £100,000 to pay back to say nothing of mortgages.”
Although started in BA, it is not just a “help BA” organisation and seems to be eminently worthwhile and non-partisan. So if you are lucky enough to be one of the current or former pilots who still has a decently paid job or secure pension, please consider supporting it.