PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi longhaul
Thread: bmi longhaul
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2003, 01:44
shafted@work

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
orders

Thanks for posting the link for the airbus orders page. It is interesting to note that it show bmi as only having one A330 currently. which is of course incorrect!

It is very easy to obtain A340s quickly, by slipping another carriers option for example or leasing.

bmi is at a crossroad. Bishop will not want to carry on in his present capacity for much longer. He dreams of his own heavy metal trundling down the LHR Rwy carrying BA business pax across the pond - fair ambition I think. How will this be acheived??

Bishop thinks there maybe a way in to the transatlantic market from LHR on the back of the Virgin/Cathay proposition.

He knows branson would merge tommorow (that will remain up his sleeve).

How much more valuable will bmi be if it can get just the rights across the atlantic - let alone operate them? Branson would have to offer considerably more to Sir micheal.

Lets not forget that bmi is his retirement, why not play brinksmanship with potential suitors?? it makes perfect sense.

I Suspect that if he didn't think LHR long haul rights would come within the next two years bmi/virgin would already be one.

I recommend we all make a note of posters Ajamieson and Fly me again as they both definitely know inside information that is in complete contradiction. so either they are both full of hot air or one of them is the bish himself.............

I think there are three people in bmi who genuinely think they know the plan, I suspect one of them is quite capable of suprising the other two.