PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2020, 08:29
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Charley B
Yes,BA and their indecision about their short haul here has sadly not helped matters at all,nor VS pulling out from here and Norwegian with all their troubles ...I personally think this flip flopping around over who is in or who is out ,on the Air Corridors list, has caused even more damage and was the final nail in the coffin before announcement was made yesterday.
Really hope LGW can bounce back quickly and no more jobs are lost
Has been a joy to watch the QR cargo flights over the last 10 days ,does everything have to centre around LHR ?

Thinking of those that have lost their jobs ..it is really sad when this happens 😥
Well said Charley B! I couldn't agree with you more. This tip-toeing by the likes of BA and VS has caused a lot of damage to LGW, and yet, despite this, and the jobs that have been lost, both seem happy to keep LGW and staff in limbo by holding onto their slots with no certainty whether they will return to use them. Like you, and many others, I do hope that LGW's brightest days are ahead of it, LHR should not have to be the "be all end all" for everyone, and I hope that full service carriers such as QR, EK, CX, CA etc will remain at LGW and not abandon it indefinitely.