PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 27th Aug 2020, 07:53
Telfer86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"There will be no CR in the Pilot Group"

Well that might be your opinion I would believe it when I saw it in writing from the company

Pay increments from date of CTL of SO
  • Nothing in the CR section says you will be re-employed with years of service credited or years of service are credited from the first time you CTL as SO in your first time as a QF employee
  • Different to return from Medical termination where it is specifically stated "years of serviced credited"
  • Two very different things , CR hasn't been done before so no way to anticipate how company will do it. Do you really think they will say "Welcome back Mate , this is all wonderful to have you back , so just to make you feel better we will credit your years of service all those years ago" - I would believe they will do that if it is put in writing by someone very senior (& I am not talking about a Pilot)
Even if your years are credited (which I doubt) , & QF order the A350 , well that means when you return you will be on the new SO scales for Airbus, which max out at $115 an hour (today's rates). So clearly a massive pay decrease will occur. The AIPA should have insisted on a clause , that wouldn't be applied to anyone on the books today - missed that

No agenda here, just the things that I think are important to consider. You have a different view well goodluck to you

I think the fear mongering has been people suggesting people being turned away when they return after a fixed term lwop

CR is indefinite & in my view you will be busted back to year 1 payrates & on the B scale SO table if the A350 is ordered

Enough from me , seems like plenty here know everything have a ability to look into the future & state with certainty what will happen