PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2020, 04:30
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by Turnleft080
Potential covid treatments are being patronisingly dismissed. Sutton and Andrews smirk their way when it comes to these questions
at the press conferences. These present drugs could save all age care deaths by a third. That is not just coming from Bolt but a lot of doctors out their.
Wether you like him or don't check out his sky report last night, it's on the tube.
I did. Bolt is still a snake oil salesman.

The Belgian Study he touts as an example of HCQ success had a non-HCQ group that was a median of 11 years older than the HCQ group, and had higher rates of co-morbidities like smoking and CVD. So not too earth shattering and not an unbiased study which is why the scientific community has not changed their opinion on HCQ.

Ivermectin? No valuable clinical trials have been concluded so anyone touting it as a miracle cure at this point is time is selling unproven snake oil. Here's a Professor of Pharmacology (he may know what he's talking about) explaining some of the limitations of that particular treatment.

I love how Bolt sneers down on the National COVID task force director's qualifications, "he's just an Associate Professor (and the Head of Clinical Research in the Department of Infectious Diseases at Monash University)" and chastises the Medical Chiefs for "overlooking the role of Zinc and Ivermectin" (the debunking link above was from a Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology Researcher and Head of Pharmacy at Uni of Sydney, I think he would know that Zinc exists, Andrew).

Last edited by dr dre; 27th Aug 2020 at 04:53.