PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2020, 23:22
OC37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TOM100
it’s really not the States job to provide holidays for its citizens, they have far more call for their resources at home (and they frequently screw this up too). Just saying.
So why is the state providing the gateway for those very citizens to travel to/from their holidays?

What I was suggesting that of all the WG incentives for businesses to develop in Wales could they not find a Holiday and/or tour operator business!

Any operation needs to commercially stand on its own two feet. If it can’t there is no business there.
Oh come on, why do you think BAMC opted to base themselves in Wales, Aston Martin are coming also I've read, why do you think Bruce started Cardiff Aviation in Wales, what about Bosch when they were there, Ford in Bridgend, why do you think Airbus UK have based themselves in Wales, and these are just a few that are there for the WG financial incentives?

imo CWL should throw everything they have at FR and Jet2. If they are not interested then again no business here.
MOL is an accountant by trade, I saw him in a TV interview regarding the MAX, all he could talk about was that with the MAX they could fly a few more pax whilst burning a few percent less fuel when compared to the -800, that is all he cares about, profit, he'll continue to utilise CWL so long as CWL give him what he wants and as soon as they stop he'll be on his bike, or should that be his MAX!