PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew workload in manual flying
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2020, 17:52
BBK

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Uplinker
Happens to me often: Press the internet back key at top left of page - takes you back to what you have written. Tap to select all, (of your own post) then tap Copy. Try submitting again. If it asks you to sign in, do so and if it auto-saved it should say proceed and publish your post. If not, you can sign in, reply to thread again and paste what you copied
Uplinker

Many thanks for that top tip. Briefly, I wrote that I don’t buy into this theory that all the youngsters now are rubbish and that they are below par FOs that become equally sub standard Captains and Trainers. I’m not a trainer but friends of mine that are, in a large orange airline, say that they only thing they lack is experience. Give them a few years of intense low cost short haul and they’ll be as capable as say Hamble or Oxford cadets of old.

On the subject of hand flying I do think it is worth practicing but when appropriate and I will accept that is open to debate. Good handling skills are essential but they are not the ONLY skills required. Lastly, I think humans have always and will always make mistakes. I simply don’t see any evidence that the younger generation have a monopoly on such events. That was my point in referencing accidents and incidents from the pre EFIS era.