PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 26th Aug 2020, 10:57
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GS Alpha, I don’t think it’s envy as such. I think they perceive a injustice in the lack of support for them. Whether anything could have been done is debatable and probably doubtful. I have not heard one junior pilot wish to see their colleagues stripped of pay. I do however think when we had pay rises something could have been done to help those lower down. X % of not much is not much. Perhaps under these pay cuts more should have been done to protect the salaries of those at the bottom or those being made CR with retraining loans. Again we don’t know the details.

There is anger that 300 of their friends have been made redundant while those whose roles are redundant will either take their job or earn up to 119k to stay at home. I can see the arguments and I sit in the middle ground. I am not senior but I am not junior (in the company at least) I am content with my deal and do not wish others ill. I do however feel their anger when faced with colleague who talk about “round 2” and just shrug their shoulders with the “I did my time at the bottom quote” There is a danger I think of the pilot group being split, the union in civil war and the company doing anything it wants.

Take the Jam, just enjoy it so it supports others jobs.