PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 26th Aug 2020, 07:47
glenb

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts
A message for everyone

To every one of you that is involved in aviation anyway, whether that be as a pilot, a maintenance person, a business owner, student, etc.

If you are a well-intentioned CASA employee who believes the Authority is not operating to the highest standards of ethics, integrity, and professionalism.

If you are a law firm that would potentially be able to handle litigation against CASA on the basis of negligent misstatement/malfeasance/misfeasance, and on behalf of a number of affected Parties.

If you are an investigative journalist able to develop an appropriate story.

If you are a politician prepared to act with ethics.

The Australian Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) recently provided an opportunity to present my situation via a Facebook live conference. It was viewed 17,000 times and shared 80,000 times.

AOPA has presented me with a further opportunity at 7 PM on Tuesday 8th September.

I intend to use that 90-minute presentation as my submission to the current Senate Inquiry into CASA.

In that Submission, I intend to make substantive allegations that will be well supported. Those allegations will be against three of the CASA Executive Management, and most specifically Mr. Crawford, Mr. Aleck, and Mr. Martin.

If my allegations can be substantiated, these personnel will no longer be able to remain in the employ of CASA.

If my claims are found to be false, vindictive, or vexatious, I could face a term of imprisonment. Whilst I am confident that will not be the case, my decision is a well-considered one.

The misconduct by these personnel has negatively impacted on aviation safety, it has caused the closure of several businesses, and an associated loss of jobs.

Their conduct has been unlawful, unfair, and unjust.

I am compelled to name them as this is a matter of aviation safety. Furthermore, I do not want to harm the wider reputation of CASA and the many well-intentioned and professional employees who work within CASA.

I hope that you can spread this correspondence to anyone in the aviation industry, as I record my Submission via AOPAs Facebook live conference at 7 PM Tuesday 8th September.