PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staines Trident crash revisited
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2020, 05:40
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Stall

They were stalls that were not recovered in spite of all of the bells and whistles. As for papa india with hindsight they wouldn't had recovered from the last push as they didn't have the altitude.
The AAIB inspector involved in the national geographical white wash bull**** told me that the simulator flight characteristics were wrong; therefore the stall exercises did not reflect the aircraft performance.
The accident and the other 7 loses during my 6 years in BEA reflected management lack of abilities which involved training, crewing, flight standards and safety attitudes (common practice to destroy FDR tapes including one that concerned a flight manager).
The loss of the 1-11 during flight testing is another matter wrt deep stalls.
Having taught stalling and spinning on a variety of different machines the height loss and techniques vary considerably; avoiding and recognition are the important bits which is what Key had in common with the bus crews.
What the important part in my view is that this was a stall caused by configuration change of which BEA had at least two others which had been reported and ignored. I flew 4 other rear engined T tailed types none of which were lost through stalling.
semantics?

Last edited by blind pew; 26th Aug 2020 at 06:27.