PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duxford - End of Flying Legends airshows
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2020, 19:17
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
BoB go South

Originally Posted by Fareastdriver
Travelling from London to Aberdeen I dropped in at Cosford to have a look around. I paid the entrance fee and went in. Trying to get to the Battle of Britain exhibition I was stopped. The hangar, and all its contents, had been rented out for a corporate lunch!. When I went back to the ticket desk I found there was no chance of getting my money back.

I am not going again.
Suggest an email to the 'Boss' and a suitable entry on trip advisor if not a satifactory answer rcd. If you were not made aware of the limitation on ticket purchase i suspect they are obliged to refund as they have failed to deliver the goods as advertised. It is the local authority who cover such complaints.,but it is so petty that Cosford should deal with it internally without delay. No one likes a bad press on TA. Am i correct that many Hendon items there now.
As an alternative,visit Biggin Hill for the aircraft then pop over a couple of valleysto vist the most original Battle of Britain AF Kenley. Amazing place where for NOTHING you can walk around this historic location and even stroll down the runways when gliding is finished . In fact you could even get a glider flight from Kenley and get a feel for the area.From the Kenley circuit Biggin,Croydon, and London are visible. If you go there early morning and sit in anaircraft blast pen,close your eyes and listen to the Merlins warming up. Ok Treads give him the image!!!