PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 25th Aug 2020, 14:19
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Keg
The LHEA is a national award and overseen by Fairwork Australia. They’re the ones that rule on all matters relating to it.
Please, Keg! (et al, including Angryrat)

I know you are not a lawyer, and you don’t pretend to be one.

I know you have never served time on the AIPA Committee, and you have never pretended to have done so.

So, I get that (industrially) you have no idea what you are talking about. But a lot of people listen to you, because you are a voice of reason, and you don’t hide behind a pseudonym.

So, please get your language and your facts right, because people do listen to you. From a certain perspective, that assigns a certain responsibility to you, whether you like it or not.

The LHEA is not a national award. There is a national award for pilots, you can find it here. And if that was what you worked under, you would arguably be better able to provide for your family by holding a “STOP/GO” sign on the M2.

Qantas Long Haul pilots do not work under the Award, they work under the Qantas Airways Limited (Long Haul) Enterprise Agreement 2020.

I guess the word “work” is a little redundant, but they are still “employed” under the same instrument.

I know some management people. And I know they chuckle every time they see “bush lawyers” use the word “award” in forums, because it illustrates how little said employees know about industrial relations. That has and still does include many COM members.

The industry uses the terms “LHEA”, “EBA”, “Agreement”, or worse, “contract”. Never the term “Award”, because it actually means something completely different.

Regards, Fred

Last edited by Derfred; 25th Aug 2020 at 14:33.