PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 25th Aug 2020, 10:43
Tucknroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by angryrat
You need to go read the award. Specifically 15.10.4(a) and 15.10.6. It’s 26 weeks minimum and ‘a weeks pay’ is defined.

So the minimum is 26 weeks, plus AL and any pilot who has more than 12 months continuous service is also entitled to pro-rata LSL(another 9 days leave per year).

So many experts on here who either haven’t read the award or who have FA to do with QF spreading fear and rumours.
It’s an agreement, not an award, and I’ve read it.
im talking about 10.4 (a):

“The Company must give a pilot at least three (3) months’ notice of termination due to redundancy provided, that the combined period of notice and the redundancy entitlement specified in clause 15.10.5 will not be less than 26 weeks.”

Tell me, how much does the 3 months notice cost the company when you’re on stand down? I’ll save you the thinking time, It’s nothing except the leave you accrue in that time.

so say you have used all your leave (as many have) and you are given notice that you will be made redundant? How much is the minimum amount of pay you will get?

the answer is 3 months plus 1.5 or so weeks AL/LSL that You will accrue in the 3 months notice period.