PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 25th Aug 2020, 05:16
Tucknroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist
I disagree - a 50% pay cut is untenable for most. Any scaremongering to reduce divisor as a method of serving the greater good is nonsense. If the company deem they will not carry the surplus then there is an EBA provision for how that is handled. The company will weigh that cost vs a short term surplus. If it’s anything other than short term, then a few months of half divisors won’t make a material difference to the company - but it would make a massive difference to the individuals involved.

HR using pilots to maximum? EBA covers that too.

Don’t be so keen to throw out your award - those provisions that are in place aren’t there by accident.

Selfish? I don’t think so, but it’s not up to us to fix the company’s problems.

Saving redundancies at massive cost? Not for me I’m afraid. Make me CR, I’ll come back when the time comes.

Just 1 opinion.
Hear hear.

I’m tired of surveys and platitudes from the union.
We have an agreement, signed during COVID no less, let’s stick to it. The company doesn’t vary the EA in good times to give us extra pay rises or more paid leave. I have no doubt how an approach for such variations would be received by the company.