PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 25th Aug 2020, 04:10
ScepticalOptomist

Received 109 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
Even if divisors are reduced to half of the existing ones it’ll still be a more than liveable wage for most pilots.

If you are CR’d then you are out of the group, out of the system. You do come back in seniority when recruiting is needed again, but that may be a long, long time away. If that’s the case HR may decide to use existing pilots to their maximum extent rather than authorise the re-recruitment of those CR’d.

Wouldn’t it be better to share the flying around with a lower divisor in the interim and remain in the group with a regular income? That’s my thought anyway, others may be different. I guess the option of VR was there if anyone wanted a payout now.
I disagree - a 50% pay cut is untenable for most. Any scaremongering to reduce divisor as a method of serving the greater good is nonsense. If the company deem they will not carry the surplus then there is an EBA provision for how that is handled. The company will weigh that cost vs a short term surplus. If it’s anything other than short term, then a few months of half divisors won’t make a material difference to the company - but it would make a massive difference to the individuals involved.

HR using pilots to maximum? EBA covers that too.

Don’t be so keen to throw out your award - those provisions that are in place aren’t there by accident.

Selfish? I don’t think so, but it’s not up to us to fix the company’s problems.

Saving redundancies at massive cost? Not for me I’m afraid. Make me CR, I’ll come back when the time comes.

Just 1 opinion.