PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2020, 04:08
Section28- BE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ex the Transcript 17/08/20

Gents- with regard to the Federal Court-

Was this not always coming back on.....???? (no they did not get a 'Facilitator etc. on the 17th) or did I read it wrong????- yes appreciate the way the media ran it all, at the time.

Extract #1 (ex pgs 57/58 of the transcript- formatting and notes on who is who), with regard to sourcing information:

Ex Mr Jackman (for the Bondholders)-
.......... Now we didn’t anticipate, sadly, that the administrators were going to respond favourably to that request and I do foreshadow that in the very near future, we will be making an application for orders from your Honour to grant us the applicant that we sought in that letter and consistently with what the colour was foreshadowed, the likely outcome of there being no facilitator, our instructions will be to make that application as soon as possible and we will hope that your Honour may be able to deal with it later this week. I don’t know if your Honour’s in a position to indicate what availabilities there may be but it is an urgent matter and we’re really left with little option other than your Honour.

HIS HONOUR: Well, I think the best way to deal with it, Mr Jackman, is formulate your application and get me the papers and then I can work out to fit it in –which I all – I will seat all applications as early as I can possibly deal with them but when I know what type of matter that we’re dealing with and I can work out how long we need

MR JACKMAN: May it please the Court.
And then a little further:
MR JACKMAN: There’s nothing further we wish to put. We look forward to reading your Honour’s reasonings and we will make such further applications we are advised to make.

HIS HONOUR: All right. Is there anyone else that wishes to say anything, I think we have given everybody the chance to reply or deal with matters that need to come up? All right, now, timetable-wise so the –I think you said to me, Dr Higgins, that 25 August is when the creditor’s report goes out?

DR HIGGINS (for the Administrator): That’s correct, your Honour.
Anyway let us see.....
tks/& rgds all
S28- BE